What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big

JyNx

I made a christmas avartar in PS and IR, but it says its too large, how can I reduce the file size to 10240?

Thx
Jynx

Did you save it using "Save for the web"? and as a .gif, depending on the colours you have in the image, they can reduce the number of colours you save. It's something like that. I am not very knowlagible in this area but if you save for the web and then play with the settings maybe you can get it down there.

Lol, not a great answer maybe you want to wait for a guru.

Sanby

Maybe, ill give it a try!

Thanks SANBY!:perfect: :D :D

Jynx

Sadly JyNx if reducing the number of colours didn't work, you just may have to reduce the number of frames in your animation to bring down the file size. :(

There's also a lossy option that you can use, although it will cost you some quality, but hey, it might be interesting if you're just a few bits above the limit ;)
Just make sure that you always keep an eye on the Optimize window when you're playing with the optimize options.
Like Wendy said; the best way to cut down on the size is by removing some frames. In most cases you don't need that many; I only used 4 for mine.

Back