What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blended smoke image

Hdastu

Hi guys,

I have this idea in my head but wanted to know if anyone knew how to start it or create it! I want a main object similar to where the horse is below and have different images of people and items blending out from it with the smokey look, is this incredible hard to do? I know basic photoshop and am totally up for the challenge so will put in alot of time! But where and how would I begin?

Thank you all in advance, and sorry if I am making no sense!

graphic-design-contests.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I can't resist myself.............here in Texas, we call those striped horses Zebras! :rofl:

Sorry for that, it was just too easy. On a more serious note, Photoshop's layers are dynamic and can easily be arranged and re-arranged during the creation of any composite. So to answer your question, you can start anywhere you like. I would suggest starting with the background and build from there. You build a structure/project from the foundation up. (but this is not necessarily the rule of thumb)

Since it's literally impossible for me to visualize your concept before you've created it, or to know your skill level with Photoshop, then I can't accurately define how difficult it will be for you. If your concept is similar to the sample image you've provided, I can say your dealing with fairly advanced techniques. If you only know basic Ps, then I suspect that you may be getting in way over your head with this particular project.

In Photoshop, you learn the basics and work your way up. Good luck!

Hdastu

Thank you so much for your reply! I am a slight fool... It is indeed a zebra haha! Good start for someone who wants to work on a visual program!

Just one last question is there a name to this technique or would it just be something like constantly overlapping? Or like an image projection?

I will indeed take your advice and learn further into the basics! However my curious brain won't stop!

Many thanks again

Last edited:

Hdastu

Thank you so much for the link, will check it out now! I'm rather stubborn when I have something in my head I will feel ridiculously defeated if I don't try it!

By the way, this stupid horse/zebra thing has ruined me! Haha!

Thank you both so much again!