What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender 3D Typography - Canon

Very nice one Lambert!:yourock:

I like the subtle black texture, but in my opinion the faces on the 'cut out areas' should have the same bevel as the rest of the C letter.
Just a thought, or did you do it on purpose?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.
The funny thing is that I applied a bevel on those areas, but something went wrong because after the render it was a sharp edge...:thinking:
In the process of making this I did used ctrl+z some times and maybe one too much and that may have slipped through my control...:cheesygreen:

gedstar

Guru
Hey Lambert

Nice work, but I think you need to add texture to this bit and this button I think needs a bit more curve to match the flow of the white line

Untitled-1.png

P.S. don't get wrong I'm no expert, just an observation :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged.
Those are really all optical illusions...o_O
I used a glossy shader set at .01 on the flash holder but the light is set rather high and that's how Blender rendered it...:wtf:
The button has a perfect right angle on the C's curve but again its optical...
I like using a low camera view instead of the standard one but in combination with the high light Blender produces (sometimes) odd render results.