What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender - Silo

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Just to create an somewhat apocaliptic mood...
My interpretation of the SciFi books SILO (WOOL) from Hugh Howey.
The Earths athmosphere is poisonous and the remaining people are living in huge underground silos, waiting...
The lowest level of Silo 104...

Silo.png

Thanks Ged!
But that's a bit over the top...:D...
This is actually quite simpel to do, I just had some spare time (for once this week...)

Now that's a very scary one Lambert!
Excellent job, and clever use of the sci-fi material.:perfect:

Now that's a very scary one Lambert!
Excellent job, and clever use of the sci-fi material.:perfect:
Thanks Chris!
Actually its the material that does the work. For the rest there's a cylinder sliced in half and cut open on top and a stair (x4) from archive3D.
Set the lights right and you get, well, what you see...;)

Thanks Ged!
But that's a bit over the top...:D...
This is actually quite simpel to do, I just had some spare time (for once this week...)

I remember the story of the young lady who went to the garage because she was hearing a knocking sound from the engine of her car.
The mechanic lifts the bonnet has a quick look and then goes to get a hammer. He sharply taps the engine with the hammer and the knocking goes away.

He turns to the young lady and says "That will be £201 please"

The lady exclaims "£201 ....... all you did was hit it with a hammer !!!!"

The mechanic looks at her and says "Madam it is only £1 for hitting it with a hammer........ However it is £200 for knowing WHERE to hit it with a hammer".

Lambert you clearly know where to use the hammer :thumbsup:

Cheers

John

:cheesygrin:
Thanks John,
Maybe I'm simplifying things but it took me more time to render than the actual work...
Sometimes stepping away from the well-worn paths is refreshing but it doesn't always work...but I tried...:laugh:

Back