What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blue too magenta when printed on press in cmyk

alexknight

Hi all

Hope someone can help please. I have Photoshop CS5.1 and a Macbook Pro.

Most of my colours are pretty spot on in a picture, it just seems to be blues where they are nice on screen but in reality (when printed in cmyk on a litho press) are much too magenta.

I totally understand my screen is RGB and backlit etc etc but wonder if there is a way, a simple way, and the best way for my screen to emulate what a picture will look like when printed in CMYK on a litho press as near as it can.

As I say its only the lack of magenta in the blues on screen that is the issue.

The only way I seem to be able to get near viewing the image on screen so it looks more magenta in the blues and therefore know by how much to remove in photoshop and please dont laugh! is to desaturate monitor colours by 20 percent in Photoshop colour settings and tip my screen away!

Hope someone can help please.

Kind regards

Steve

Retired Administrator
Ask the printer what profile to use or if he supplied a custom profile you can use in Photoshop.
Then in Photoshop go to View|Proof Setup|Custom and choose the proper profile in "Device to Simulate".
This will give you a better idea of what the output will look like and you can make adjustments based on that.
You can turn that view on and off with Cmd+Y.