What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book Scene

Great composite - I love the way you have worked the candle lights with the non-lit candles (and the glow that goes with them). The only thing that isn't quite working for me at the moment is the shadow under the cat on the paper.

Love the concept.

Cheers

John

Over here Tesco are doing Jack Daniels at £15 a bottle - So I am sitting with that! - Enjoy your beer. :)

Cheers

john

Great composite......:thumbsup:
Got a question though...You know I'm still learning this composite stuff....
It's something about the really bright white on top of the 2 books over the models head draws me to look at that first then look around to what else is in the picture...Is that suppose to be like that?

Hey Crystal

No that's not meant to be like that, it's an error on my part, there's a few issues with the lighting that I need to fix plus the shadow that John mentioned.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll address it tomorrow :thumbsup:

You see nobodies perfect and it's good to get feedback from yourself and other members

Regards
Ged

I learn from the best, so I ask questions when I see something I don't understand.
Nevermind, yours will be perfect as usual when its finished, that I know and look forward to the final edit

That's a very nice composite Ged. :thumbsup:

Of course I'll mention a couple of things that should be corrected (in my view, but who am I?)
Since the light comes from the top left side the shadows should go from left to right.
Don't forget that the pile of books should also cast a shadow.
Regarding the cat shadow don't forget to add a contact shadow also.

But I really like the composite...very nice work on the candles light!

We ...well maybe just me needs a new seminar topic on shadows here. I have been Youtubing different shadow creations for days now trying to learn more...But then Lambert mentioned above "add a Contrast" shadow to the books......Well I dont't know what that means.... so off to you tube some more LOL
I'd bet many other newbys learning are asking the same thing

I must have misread and thought he said something else. Looking back it read... add a Contact Shadow. So does that mean where the shadow is in contact with the bottom of the image as it peels off? Or where in a stack the books would each books bottom casts a small shadow as they lie on top of of each other

A contact shadow is the shadow cast when the object touches a surface, like the cat should have a contact shadow with the paper sheet, which I'll fix later

Awww I see, Thank you so much for explaining that...... And sorry I hijacked the thread asking questions ;)
The composite even not perfect and not finished is better reallly....as seeing it that way as the small things I have been missing to make it look real and has been a invaluable asset so I could learn more and ask.

Back