What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Border Styles Question

gomidog

I am relatively new to UI design, and I am just getting the hang of layer styles. I am working on an element that needs a border similar to this:

BorderEdge_Show.jpg

With asymmetrical raised rim and a recess in the middle, which responds to the direction of light. Can anyone give me a good idea of how to attack this? I've been playing with Bevel and Emboss contours, but with mediocre results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ibclare

Queen Bee
It seems to me that you are going to use bevel and emboss, possibly inner glow, possibly satin, each to some degree. I expect however that you will need to create this effect with more than one layer. It is really hard to tell from the itsy bitsy teeny weeny sample you posted (so you may want to show it a little larger) but chances are there are some overlay layers or soft light layers to paint in some highlights. Just a guess. But without a better example, I can only guess. :mrgreen:

Welcome to PSG.