What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bringing out smoke help?

jojohemingwhey0

i have a few photos of one of my models vaping on a white wall and i need help with how to bring out the smoke more.
please help

You could post an example so our members can assess what the right way would be.

Firstly, I'd recommend you take these pictures with a background that creates contrast with the white smoke.

I firstly made a selection of the smoke using the Quick Mask Mode (press Q) and copied the smoke onto a new layer (Ctrl+J).

Next I just added like 2 Brightness/Contrast Adjustments and 1 Curve Adjustment layer. You can add or remove or use additional adjustments to your liking. Clip them onto your smoke layer so that it only affects the smoke.

This is roughly what it would look like.

vape.jpg

Edit:
Adding a Black and White adjustment with it Preset to "High Contrast Blue Filter" also helps.
vape.jpg

If you want more detailed help, let me know.

Last edited:

Back