What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush only paints in white - Photoshop

Feestje

Hi,

I've created a watercolor brush and when I try to use it it only stamps in white.

I have been searching for a solution to this problem but every thread I've found so far ends in 'Oh, I don't know what I did but it's working now' (...ARGH!)
Things I've tried: I'm working in a RGB file so that can't be it (also tried working in CMYK). I've selected a color. I made the stamp over and over. My CapsLock is not on. I've reset the brushes panel. Opacity and Flow is both set to 100%, The layer I'm working on too. Mode is set to 'normal'.

And now I'm at a loss. I've never had this problem before. I can not figure out what it is. It has to be this stupid little thing that I'm overlooking but I haven't found it.

Anyone know what this is? I hope you can help! Much appreciated

Could you perhaps post a screen shot that has all of the relevant panels and settings showing.

Cheers

John

Sure, anything to get this fixed!
The first one is of the stamp I created. The second one is the attempt to use the stamp. the white is where I stamped.
Hope you see the thing I'm doing wrong! :)

Attachments

• 1 stamp creation.jpg
    1 stamp creation.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2 tryig to stamp.jpg
    2 tryig to stamp.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 2
You have the History Brush tool selected, not the normal brush tool - curiously I cant see the normal brush tool in your tools palette.

Cheers

John

Oh my ... !
I knew it would be something extremely dumb like that! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!
The normal brush tool was hidden under the pencil. I found it and it works perfectly.
I'm so happy now. Thank you!!

Oh my ... !
I knew it would be something extremely dumb like that! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!
The normal brush tool was hidden under the pencil. I found it and it works perfectly.
I'm so happy now. Thank you!!

NP - we have all been there. That is why this is such great forum!

Cheers

John

Back