What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Raw?

BlackBrush

Hey all,

I'm doing an online Camera Raw course at the moment and it occurs to me that many of the effects can be done in Photoshop. I'm finding the techniques a bit confusing and wonder why you'd use CR for things like local adjustments (I'm thinking of things like the graduated filter, adjustment brush and spot healing tools). I get why you'd use CR for things like overall picture improvement - clarity, lens distortion etc but why would you ever use it for things like changing colours of objects and so on? I feel that Photoshop gives you much more control with masking for example.

Would love to hear from experts what they think. Also, is there a general order that you follow when working on a photo - do you use CR first to make global adjustments and if so in what order?

Thank you!

Aakshat

Power User
There are many advantages in using camera raw, explaining all the features here in detail is not possible.
So here im linking a good article which explains both Camera Raw and Photoshop, there functions and why you should use one over another.

Camera Raw VS Photoshop