What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can anyone fix the blur on this photo?

Theplantmonster

Really bad, I know. I'm not sure if anything can be done. If someone could even make a little difference it would be greatly appreciated.
Its important because I need it to add to a portfolio for applying to jobs. I only have a few pictures to add anyway because I lost them all. I don't have a computer or much photoshop skill, I tried fixing it with not much success. Any edit would be amazing. :)

IMG_20200628_181024.jpg

The best its recreating the dish and make the photo again, i dont see this picture being adecuate in any portfolio and less if its for jobs.

As i said i dont think this photo has any solution bya photoshop, adding sharpness it only make it look worse.

The problem with blurry images is that the detail is lost so there isn't anything to really recover. I know this just frustrates you even more and I'm sorry for that. I'm sure everyone here wishes they had some magic to restore the image. Maybe someone does and might respond.
There's another alternative - turn the image into a painting or watercolor. Take advantage of the blur. This will keep the elements of the image and provide a different perspective on the arrangement.
Here's something I tried very quickly with a watercolor effect:

food blur edited.jpg

Something like this can be done. My other recommendation is to keep the image as small as possible - this will help to soften effects of the blur.
Just my opinion...

- Jeff

HI @Theplantmonster

Just some quick thoughts of random advice. Just realize that I do not know you situation with your portfolio, the job, etc.
One rule I learned the hard way in life was "If you find yourself in a hole, the first rule is to stop digging."

If the portfolio is to represent you skill sets on the job, and you don't have the skills yet, that could lead to future expectations of you that might be quite uncomfortable.

Again, I have no idea about you situation so take the above advice with a grain of salt.

I have no idea now to change that blurry image into something that is a high quality sharp image that represents a photograph. In those situations I look for how to turn lemons into lemonaide.

What I did in the image below was take your the image in your first post and open it in Adobe Illustrator, used their tracing tools to automatically turn it into a vector image with a small number of colors, export it out into raster and open back up in Photoshop. I duplicated the Layer, turned the second Layer into a Smart Object with blending mode set to Darken, applied the Filters > render > find edges filter, added a threshold Layer on top of all clipped to the one below (that had outlines) and adjusted until and I had good black outlines around the each of the colors of the image.
Given the limited colors and the edges with a black outline give the feeling of a relatively sharp illustration.

Just made this up on the fly and I have not idea if this is helpful to you or not.
Best of skill on your portfolio and job search
John Wheeler

repair-blur-adj.jpg

HI @Theplantmonster

Just some quick thoughts of random advice. Just realize that I do not know you situation with your portfolio, the job, etc.
One rule I learned the hard way in life was "If you find yourself in a hole, the first rule is to stop digging."

If the portfolio is to represent you skill sets on the job, and you don't have the skills yet, that could lead to future expectations of you that might be quite uncomfortable.

Again, I have no idea about you situation so take the above advice with a grain of salt.

I have no idea now to change that blurry image into something that is a high quality sharp image that represents a photograph. In those situations I look for how to turn lemons into lemonaide.

What I did in the image below was take your the image in your first post and open it in Adobe Illustrator, used their tracing tools to automatically turn it into a vector image with a small number of colors, export it out into raster and open back up in Photoshop. I duplicated the Layer, turned the second Layer into a Smart Object with blending mode set to Darken, applied the Filters > render > find edges filter, added a threshold Layer on top of all clipped to the one below (that had outlines) and adjusted until and I had good black outlines around the each of the colors of the image.
Given the limited colors and the edges with a black outline give the feeling of a relatively sharp illustration.

Just made this up on the fly and I have not idea if this is helpful to you or not.
Best of skill on your portfolio and job search
John Wheeler

View attachment 119924

Thanks so much for your work on that! It looks really awesome 😊 I didn't mention in my post that the portfolio is for a chef's pictures.

Back