What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can anyone please enhance this photo?

CrossFlatts

My grandfather who i never met is in the background. It would be appreciated if anyone could make him appear clearer.

47183386_10212469118188748_2329303323175288832_n.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
HI CrossFlatts
I have attached a blowup of the area of your grandfathers face. The big square blotches is due to the scanned image being saved in JPEG format and are image compression artifacts assoicated with that file format and the compression level setting that was used wiht the scan.
My first question would be if you have the image in TIFF format and also do you have the original image. If you have the original image, then scanning to TIFF (and also preferably 16 bit depth) will help tremendously in the possible end result.
Always best to start with the best possible original.
Just a suggestion

John Wheeler
Grandpa-in-Background.jpg

CrossFlatts

HI CrossFlatts
I have attached a blowup of the area of your grandfathers face. The big square blotches is due to the scanned image being saved in JPEG format and are image compression artifacts assoicated with that file format and the compression level setting that was used wiht the scan.
My first question would be if you have the image in TIFF format and also do you have the original image. If you have the original image, then scanning to TIFF (and also preferably 16 bit depth) will help tremendously in the possible end result.
Always best to start with the best possible original.
Just a suggestion

John Wheeler
View attachment 94019
Thank you for that. I'll talk to my relative who has the original and get back to you.