What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can custom graphics tablet brushes be made for Photoshop?

GPS

I would like to make a tree branch brush. I know how to capture a new brush from a selection.

I do not know how to make the new brush respond to the tilt and pressure from my wacom tablet pen.

It almost seems that there is a certain limited set of pre-defined tablet brushes. I hope that is not true.

Is there a way to make a custom brush that is also responsive to the pen position?

Thanks very much!

how can i make my own brushes?

get an image convert to black and white fix it to a suitable image size ie 400 x 400 but not essential then go to edit > define brush preset and it will ask you to save it as a name

get an image convert to black and white fix it to a suitable image size ie 400 x 400 but not essential then go to edit > define brush preset and it will ask you to save it as a name

How does that allow pen control of the image angle when stroked on the screen?

sorry that was a question i answered for burnt ice how to make a brush

its 'burned ice' :D

Hoogle,

Sorry, I must be doing something wrong. Please see my attached screen shot. I have set everything to tilt, and it does not have any effect on a regular brush's tilt control (other than jitter which I do not want). Again my goal is to paint in tree branches at whatever angle I need them, not have random strokes appear on the screen at all odd angles.

Can you please show me your setup with tilt enabled and allowing a normal brush angle to be tilt controlled? Your screen shot does not actually demonstrate what you describe.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Tilt.jpg
    Tilt.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
sorry mine were just Suggestions I have failed to experiment with Graphic tablets trust me waiting on my 3rd 1 to arrive since I decided to buy 1 lol ok angle is a different thing you want the brush angle panel for that as to getting that to work with a graphics tablet pen you may have to set up a hot key on your tablet to pull up the dialogue box
Capture.JPG
But I am not 100% sure about the workings with a graphic tablet what you are requesting seems a very reasonable task to be able to achieve

Perhaps better than dealing with a dialogue every stroke would be another work around I found - using the touch ring to rotate the canvas while stroking in the branches.

If someone knows of a better solution, do tell!

Back