What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone help me with this head on another body photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcWeezer

I think I have it mostly right, but the neck area looks REALLY bad. Can anyone help me on how to do this? Literally just started using Photoshop hours ago and I'm getting the hang of it.

Attachments

• abs.jpg
    abs.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 38

Paul

Former Member
Just a blend and a bit of paint brush over the top a smudge a new layer with extra light adjustment and bobs your uncle young jedi.

Attachments

• abs.jpg
    abs.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 38

FoxMcWeezer

Thank you so much! Now I have another dilemma. I have the picture you helped me with and a picture I just took of my house and I'd like to put my picture there. My issue is that the quick selection tool keeps picking up the left side of the picture and when I Ctrl+C the selection and paste it over my background, the picture of me comes out to be like 60x60 pixels large and when I increase the size, it doesn't keep native resolution, it's just an enlarged, pixelated piece of mess. What do!? Thank you again, I'm learning a lot already.

Paul

Former Member
use the pen tool mate and work a path around yourself then make new copy and paste over into your house.

FoxMcWeezer

Here's what it looks like when I plain ol' copy and paste the picture without cropping the body. Enlarging the size makes it pixelated. It's weird because the original picture is NOT that size! It's much larger!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    811 KB · Views: 2

Paul

Former Member
well i saved your problem file and opened it, it worked fine for me mate?
i also gave you some colour, don't no how tanned you are, just hoe shes worth it all;)

Attachments

• temp copy.jpg
    temp copy.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 36

FoxMcWeezer

That's really cool how you added color. But what exactly did you do to get the outline of the body?! The pen tool is like a bunch of straight lines so I don't know if that's it.

Paul

Former Member
you can use the magic wand on some of the areas of the background and then erase out, then fine erase by making eraser smaller and go around outline of the body, when your happy just paste it into the room.
pen tool tuts every where mate, loads on this site.

Hoogle

Guru
head is slightly to big for body, resolution of pic of house is way to big for your pic even on Belials attempt the perspective isnt quite right and he is to over lit compared to background Not a bad attempt and this kind of thing gets harder to do the more you look at it

FoxMcWeezer

Almost done with you guys' help! Thanks a lot! Now I think the last thing is that the body picture is higher quality and the background is lesser quality so it looks weird. Can anyone tell me how to match the grainy quality of the background? THANKS!

Attachments

• abs final.png
    abs final.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 2

Hoogle

Guru
when I was referring to resolution of the background I was not actualy referring to resolution ppi but more of the size of the image compared to the subject. he is slightly to small for the background

FoxMcWeezer

when I was referring to resolution of the background I was not actualy referring to resolution ppi but more of the size of the image compared to the subject. he is slightly to small for the background

Correct. I resized the background. It was ridiculously huge and photoshop merely did me the favor of sizing the pictures proportionately for me.

iDad

Guru
I would try duplicating the layer then put the top layer in screen mode,...... that may blend it nicely(maybe)

Smokey2011

i'm not sure what you guys are trying to do here, but if you're trying to make this guy look like he's *really* in that bedroom, then you've all failed massively.

The lighting in the bedroom and the lighting on this fake guy are totally different. The light is coming from different angles and at different exposures. The way he is looking down in front of his door is so unnatural, it totally looks photoshopped. There is a glare of light on *his* right side of his face which shouldn't be there. The edges all around his body are too sharp and completely look cut-n-pasted. Sorry Belial, big fail here. But you tried though, points for that.

We need some real pros in here to get this done.

Any takers?

FoxMcWeezer

i'm not sure what you guys are trying to do here, but if you're trying to make this guy look like he's *really* in that bedroom, then you've all failed massively.

The lighting in the bedroom and the lighting on this fake guy are totally different. The light is coming from different angles and at different exposures. The way he is looking down in front of his door is so unnatural, it totally looks photoshopped. There is a glare of light on *his* right side of his face which shouldn't be there. The edges all around his body are too sharp and completely look cut-n-pasted. Sorry Belial, big fail here. But you tried though, points for that.

We need some real pros in here to get this done.

Any takers?

That's easy to discern. Anyone can say a picture looks photoshopped, the skills lies in editing it

Smokey2011

bottom line is that it's totally obvious that he isn't actually in that room pulling up his shirt.

It *is* totally obvious that he is photoshopped into the picture.

it's jobs like this that give digital art a bad name. People look at this and say "yeah, that's just on computer"

it looks that way, too.

when you're trying to blend two different photos from two different locations with two different light sources, you're going to lose almost every time.

Paul

Former Member
agreed mate, never said anywhere once that i was a perfect person to do it, i have a go, and 'at best' i did what he asked - never once implied realism or perfection anyway I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone here, but you do seem to be saying things in a very strong objectionable way that wants to court a reaction from anyone?
Good on ya Bruce, shame you cannot be apart of the community NOT a distanced opinionated sole, lost in the pixels of cyber space.
12 posts in any of your work for us all to fall drop jawed in disbelief at?

Status
Not open for further replies.