What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can this be done in PS or is it a font on its own..

G

Interesting Bob ;)

I will give it a try if I have some time this evening ;)

Stroker

Power User
I have seen a font that is chiseled like that. Can't remember the name, though.

You can do it with a height map and Lighting Effects. However, the only way I know how to make a height map sharp like that is with KPT3's Gradient Designer.

Wait... I think there is a tutorial on the sharp, chiseled look in one of the PhotoShop Wow! books. Then again, that tutorial might have used Gradient Designer.

Jeez.
Could I be anymore helpful?

hedsteve

bevel and emboss... its one of the layer styles... probably chisel hard and then mess with the depth. in reality the shadows would be diffrent on either side of that torch thats why I think its the bevel and emboss and not a lighting effect.

G

I did a quick one; something like this Bob? :)

Font: Agency FB Bold

Bobzworld

Power User
great Gaussian thats what im talkin bout :perfect:
so is it the font or did you do something to it?

G

Bob, I used that font and I added a bevel using the settings that are shown in my attachment. Well, close to it, because I forgot to save the original file.

It's not perfect and it can still be improved, but I think you get an idea how to somehow achieve this in a quick way.

C9Mouse

Power User
LOL .... too funny, Mark :rofl:

Stroker

Power User
Duh! And duh!

One of these days I'm going to PM you, Mark.

wbiss

Guru
:perfect: Mark!

[innocent] Might be time for me to go through all your tutorials again!

Moth

Power User
Please post a picture of your results. :)

[honesty] I can't wait to get home to try this out! [honesty]