What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you place my mom with us in the family picture

Gemmo de Jesus

Hi, I really need help.
We wanna update our family photo but sadly my mom isn't in our house since she's working overseas.
I tried editing on my own but my attempts failed so bad that its really evident due to the quality of photo my mom gave.

Attachments

• 8jLjxRk.jpg
    8jLjxRk.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 15
  • RFjGTHr.jpg
    RFjGTHr.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hi and Welcome to PSG

I don't think you're going to be able to get this to look natural as the image of your mum is poor quality and a lot darker.
Here's a couple of attempts, there not great.

color.jpg

color1.jpg

Maybe black and white

BandW.jpg

Hi and Welcome to PSG

I don't think you're going to be able to get this to look natural as the image of your mum is poor quality and a lot darker.
Here's a couple of attempts, there not great.

well, we have the same results. For a second there I thought there's a way to adjust the image so it wouldn't look like its edited by the help of Burn/Dodge Tools. Anyways thank you.

This is my atempt i tried to fix the lights, colors and textures but as gedtard said the quality of the to pictures are to different.

8jLjxRk1.jpg

I went in a very different direction, what i did was try to match the 'better' image quality wise to the poorer image supplied (mother). I then applied some noise and other various add on tricks to make it look slightly faded and older.
Not brilliant but acceptable maybe?

fam.jpg

Back