What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you "undo" a snapshot?

DCorbie2

Hello everyone!

I was deleting several recent steps in the history palette, then all of the previous history disappeared and there's just one step remaining...the snapshot. The problem lies in that I wanted to continue deleting a few more actions.

Is there a way to expand the steps that are saved in the snapshot? Right now, if I delete that step, it goes back to the original photo.

Any help will be appreciated!
Oh! I'm using CS3 extended on a Mac.
Thanks!
Denise

PERHAPS rephrasing this question so members can understand it, you may get an answer, if there is one..........good luck

Thanks for the suggestion iDad, but I'm not sure how to rephrase the question. I'll give it a try tho:

At some point of dragging about 5 listed actions in my history palette to the trashcan, all of the previous historical actions disappeared and seemingly rolled into what looks like ONE action sitting in my history palette.

I know there were about 20steps that got me to that state in the photo. But there is only 1 action listed.

If I delete that one listed action (I thought was called a "snapshot"), it deletes everything I had done to that point and takes me back to the original, unedited photo.

I really wanted to delete a few of the 20 or so actions, but they are no longer listed out in the history palette. They are all rolled into that 1 "action" listed. So is there a way to expand the "snapshot" action listed in the history palette so I can delete a few of the actions rolled into it. Otherwise I have to start over from the unedited photo. Not a huge deal since there's only 20 or 30 steps in there, but I would hate for that to happen after I had done a ton of work on a pic.

Just a note....I have my history palette set to show over 100 steps.

Thanks for any help

Back