What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't we mask the gradient ??

balavalli

Ok, my question is like this: see I have an image and I selected a new layer over the image an empty one and added a mask.Then trying to use the brush tool to erase some of the parts on the Maks layer above the image.But nothing is happening on the mask layer above the image.Am trying this tutorial given by IamSam sir,
( photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/blend/blend.html ) on this post here: Here Please help me.Thank you, guys !!!

Untitled-2.jpg

well if i understood correcly you add a mask on an empty layer, so that will do anything, what are you trying to do?

well if I understood correctly you add a mask on an empty layer, so that will do anything, what are you trying to do?
Yes, it's my mistake now it's working I have to fill the layer it shouldn't be empty.Thank you !!

Am trying this tutorial given by IamSam sir,
( photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/blend/blend.html ) on this post here: Here Please help me.Thank you, guys !!!
That tutorial is about blending two images.

But to answer your question, yes, you can mask a gradient.
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.02.18 AM.png

Result
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.02.32 AM.png

Back