What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 19

Paul

Former Member
OK IT LOOKS LIKE THE CHALLENGES ARE SLOWLY FADING OUT OF FAVOUR - I WILL CARRY ON SETTING THEM REGARDLESS.

THEY ARE MEANT TO BE INFORMATIVE AND GENERATING A SPARK FOR ANYONE TO THEN HAVE A GO REGARDLESS OF ABILITY.

Use this tutorial as a starting point to help you through it if you have never done one before (many here have and know how to do it):)

http://www.photoshopbox.com/photo-retouch/colorizing-black-and-white-photos.html

Hoogle

Guru
May be an idea to actually say what the challenge is so that we dont have to click the link. All though Guessing by your recent posts of you colouring in B&W pictures I sort of guessed straight away. lets hope this 1 is as successfull as the other Black and White colouring 1s you have set before. shame to see it fade out.

Hoogle

Guru
Call of Duty MW3 taking all my time at the moment got to get some training in and a load of team scrimages to practice before they announce the MLG game types and maps.,

Hoogle

Guru
Yeah Just so you know that is not me I am not part of any Gaming Forum or that Clan I am strictly only a Call of Duty Player and is the only game I play competetive in. And I only Play on Xbox 360 not any of the Pc stuff I can not game on a pc to save my life

Hoogle

Guru
I am being confused because originally I was called hoogleman and was by this profile hoogleman's Profile at GameBattles but after a few google searches that name was taken for some pc gamer. BUt even on my old profile hardly used I think you can see 5 star reputation and call of duty.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Up late tonight waiting for my fiance to get his pc clean of a virus that hit him. So ... I got tired of working on my latest project and here's my colorization. The photo is from deviant art, artist kechake.

Attachments

• white_swan.jpg
    white_swan.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 0
  • white_swan_color.jpg
    white_swan_color.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Call of Duty MW3 taking all my time at the moment got to get some training in and a load of team scrimages to practice before they announce the MLG game types and maps.,
the game sucks, how can you play it?disappointed in activision VERY disappointed.

of the challenge FINALLY RECOLORING GOT PICKED!! I'm in later on :D not that you care, obviously, but i love it.

Hoogle

Guru
I have to agree MW3 pretty much like any call of Duty Sucks if you suck at the game if you happen to be a good player then the game is completely fun and highly entertaining. Especially when completely dominating over Noobs. Anyway enough about gaming this is the challenge thread.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Somebody gave me a PM critique (at my request) saying the image was too light and suggested the photo filter. It is tough for me to tell sometimes during the day if I'm seeing the img correctly due to glare I need to fix. It's evening now . . . I edited my submission to increase the depth and warmth of skin and other tones. I just changed it out with the first one rather than repost it here.

I used the warming filter, copied some layers, or increased opacities.

Steve, your guy above looks like a painting. Was that actually a photo in the original?

Paul

Former Member
Nice job Steve, he looks Russian to me?