What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change color of Sample points - possible?

Rupert

Hi
When setting black, white and gray points on an image (using Thresholds and Curves) I often find that a sample point for the gray point disapears in the image (a gray point against the gray of the image). Does anyone know of a way to change the color of the sample point so it shows up on a gray background?

Didn't understand?...What point? Color sample point? If Color sapmle point then how you made it disapear (post a screenshot)?

Hi
Apologies for not being clearer.
On the attached image you'll three arrows. The bottom one points to a sample point I made for white (a black croshair circle on the white background), the middle arrow points a sample point for black (a white crosshair circle on the black background) and the top arrow points to the sample point I made for gray (a gray crosshair circle on the gray background) - yes, it's really there!
As such, the black and white sample points are visible but the gray one blends into the colour of the wall and so cannot be seen.
My question is: Is this problem fixable?

Attachments

• Sample Points.jpg
    Sample Points.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 3
Intresting...i tried to put sample but i see it. Not so good but see.
samplepoint2.jpg
Mabe if you using old PS then that's a problem. And i don't think that it can be solved. PS automaticly adjust that "sign's" color so you can't do anything about it.

Oh! That's a little odd then. Well, it's CS5 I'm using.
Thanks for your reply anyway - maybe someone else out there can duplicate it.

I've tried the same thing on a few other images with varying degrees of success - some are just visible, others are not.
The thing I notice with your example is that your sample points are white circles whereas mine are gray.
I'll keep experimenting...

I'm on CS3 now. Maybe they made another thing "better" in CS5. Or there is some preference (but i don't think so).

I think this thread should be moved to 'Photoshop Troubleshooting'.
Do you know how this can done?

all set moved to appropriate forum as requested

Hi Rupert.

I'm on CS4 and can clearly see the sample point at normal view in white or black depending on the pixel the point hovers on. And it works fine for all the tool and adjustment feature sample points

The old PS versions like PS7 has that problem. It was solved in CS..... but surprised it re-surfaced in the latest CS5? Must be an issue that has to be addressed to adobe.....

Problem now solved thanks to Mod. Steve.
It was my video card driver required an update.
Thanks to all for your time.

Back