What's new

Specific Change of color

klucz13

Hello everyone! I was thinking lately about blackening out my Yamaha Warrior, but I don't want to repaint the whole thing, instead only couple of chrome elements. Since it is not a cheap thing to do, I was wondering if I could see the effect beforehand, therefore I would be so much grateful if somebody could repaint the air filter cover and the whole exhaust, meaning both manifolds and the muffler. I have attached the original photo as well as an indication of what elements I have in mind. The destination color should be mat black and those yellow and blue reflections can disappear if that makes it easier for you.

Many thanks!20211014_174324.jpgto_change.PNG

JeffK

Guru
Did my best to match to match the black of the tank - bit tough to get it exact. Hopefully this works for you.
Good looking bike - I'm out of the loop so didn't know Yamaha made a muscular model like this.
I'd take a look at the carburetion though - judging by the discoloration of the chrome exhaust on the right, needs some tuning.... :)

painted chrome.jpg

klucz13

Thanks a lot Jeff, amazing work! :clap: Now I know that I definitely don't want a metallic black on it :)

Would you be able to make this black a mat one, like the frame of the bike, pretty please? Both elements.

The Warrior is an old model, I think it was manufactured between 2002 and 2009. It is fuel injected, works properly and does not take an excessive amount of fuel so I guess the discoloration comes simply from the quality of materials used by Yamaha.

klucz13

Thank you, Jeff! Much appreciated! :thumbsup: Now I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do and it is time to save some money :)