What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

change wedding dress colour from black to ivory

kevcampbell

hi all, my wife to be is desperate to see the black wedding dress (attached) in an ivory colour that would sort of match the other image i have attached

i hope this is not asking too much and i am being clear enough, but all i need doing is the black dress in the middle (so the girl in the middle) have its colour changed to the colour ivory as seen in the other attachment, we need to do this because she wants to see how the dress would look in ivory and this is our only option, for her to see it in ivory as the shop does not have any pictures of it in ivory and it has to be custom ordered which requires payment up front first

so here i am hoping anyone could help, please do, i wish i could afford to offer some money for this work but i am unable to

thanks

Attachments

• impression-1324.jpg
    impression-1324.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Ivory-Wedding-Dress-by-Bonny.jpg
    Ivory-Wedding-Dress-by-Bonny.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 58

Hoogle

Guru
changing black to ivory your asking for a real challenge there unless someone far more skilled than me knows of a way I will try but I promise you this it will not look good lol.

kevcampbell

many thanks Hoogleman at least you are going to try, something is better than nothing at all so thank you and i look forward to what you can do with it, and anyone else for that matter too

Hoogle

Guru
Ok I did warn you I could smooth it out a bit more if it is just to see what it looks like i guess this will do
impression-1324.jpg

kevcampbell

looks slightly more silver than ivory but i am very grateful for the work you have done and it still gives us a better idea of what it would look like in ivory rather than trying to get an idea from looking at the dress in black

nice work though, i would not have been able to do anything like that myself

thank you very much, and if anyone can do better go ahead i am happy to see some other submissions if anyone is happy to take on the job Hoogleman took on

thanks again Hoogleman

Hoogle

Guru
maybe this 1 is slightly better the only problem is if you want to change a darker colour to a lighter 1 you have to really blow out the image and over expose it hence your loosing detail and then try and pant n the colour you want
impression-1324.jpg

iDad

Guru
moneys always nice but it is what it is....... I took a shot few smudges here and there but............View attachment 6799

siodre

here's my try - disregard the quick and crappy cutout job around the hand.
black to ivory.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
there you go refer to iDads and siodres they have more patience than me lol

iDad

Guru
invert the color first .much quicker . ;)

kevcampbell

the one from siodre got the most approval from my partner so well done there haha, the one from iDad was also very good and not forgetting the original attempt from Hoogleman, thanks to all of you that submitted that great work, if anyone can improve on any of that go for it, but i think siodre has this one covered, so well done and a massive thanks to siodre and thanks again to the rest of you that helped

SeniorS

Guru
I tried too but it sucks lol.

If i may advice...dress is dark which is bad for blending mode play. Try first brighten it up.
I myself brighten it up a bit then greyscaled it then brighten it again. And then start to play with colors/blendings.

siodre

make a blank layer and paint ivory over the dress. change the blending mode to difference.
after that use a duplicate background layer, drag it on top and use blend if to change the diamonds back to white.
this method keeps the dress from pixelating.

Paul

Former Member
As iDad said invert first then go run amuck:)

Attachments

• impression-1324.jpg
    impression-1324.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 24