What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing one part of the video affects the whole video

Sun2k

Hi everyone,

I have a small video that shows a car from right to left, that is to say that the camera starts at the front of the car to go to the back.
I modified with Photoshop the front lights by giving them volume with the "Filter/Fluidity" (Liquify) tool.

The problem is that when the video goes to the back of the car, the modification of the headlights impacts the whole video.

Do you know if it is possible to hide the effect of the headlights modification in the rest of the car?

Thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you know if it is possible to hide the effect of the headlights modification in the rest of the car?
In Ps, did you use frame animation or the video timeline to edit the video? Did you modify each frame containing the headlights or did you just modify one layer?

Can you describe the process you used or possibly post a screen shot?

Last edited:

Sun2k

Thanks, I right clicked on my video and then opened it with Ps. Once my video is in the timeline I created an empty video layer (in the Layer tab) then I converted my video into a dynamic (smart) object and then I modified the headlights of the car with the "Filter/Fluidity" (Liquify) tool

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, we are having a communication problem. Is there anyway you can post your PSD file to the forum? Or post it to an image hosting site if it's too large for the forum?

Sun2k

No here is a screenshot... I don't know if it's necessary to create a video layer, I read that on a tuto

Sans titre.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I see no video in your screen shot.

The problem is that when the video goes to the back of the car, the modification of the headlights impacts the whole video.
This is the part that I'm not understanding. Please post a screenshot of this.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's what I can tell you, a video is comprised of frames. If an object within a video is moving such as a set of headlights, then so should any modification you have made to those headlights. This movement of the modification can be done with frames and corresponding layers or with one layer and the video timeline using keyframes. The problem we have is that I don't know how you accounted for the movement of the headlight modification as the video pans from the front to the back of the car. I also don't know what kind of impact your modification has made to your video unless I can see examples.

Sun2k

hi, sorry for the delay, i had a problem with my car video (video is broken) due to improper handling ..

I will look for another video and do the same manipulation and post it here