What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Club Flower" - Photo Manipulation

dug

Hi all,

I found a site that does photo manipulation contests and I thought I would give it a go. The contest details (for this round) are that you have to try and incorporate playing card shape/s into an image eg spade, heart, diamond or clubs.

The first image is the original photo I took a while ago. The second is my modified version incorporating clubs. Love to know your thoughts etc.

dug

Original

P1010003.jpg

Modified

CardFlower.jpg

Red Rooster

nice dug :} the only thing that I have to say about it is that you should make the club shape in the flower a little more apparent

Raven

Power User
B7 Cool Doug! If I wasn't told beforehand I'd think the modified flowers were a real species! One thing that could add a bit to the modified petals realism may be to add a bit of the tiny fringed edges around those petals like the large original ones have...just an idea...the club shape is definitely there, but subtle! Nice work! :perfect:

Sean

Guru
Very nice...subtle effect. As Maya said, If I did'nt know I'd think it was a real flower. The only thing I saw was in the upper left corner, theres a noticeable slice between the leaves.
Great job. :perfect:

Welles

Guru
Very nice job, dug. Let us know when the contest is over and post a link to the results so we can see what other people did, too. Good Luck! :perfect: