What's new

"Club Flower" - Photo Manipulation

dug

Hi all,

I found a site that does photo manipulation contests and I thought I would give it a go. The contest details (for this round) are that you have to try and incorporate playing card shape/s into an image eg spade, heart, diamond or clubs.

The first image is the original photo I took a while ago. The second is my modified version incorporating clubs. Love to know your thoughts etc.

Red Rooster

nice dug :} the only thing that I have to say about it is that you should make the club shape in the flower a little more apparent

Raven

Power User
B7 Cool Doug! If I wasn't told beforehand I'd think the modified flowers were a real species! One thing that could add a bit to the modified petals realism may be to add a bit of the tiny fringed edges around those petals like the large original ones have...just an idea...the club shape is definitely there, but subtle! Nice work! :perfect:

Sean

Guru
Very nice...subtle effect. As Maya said, If I did'nt know I'd think it was a real flower. The only thing I saw was in the upper left corner, theres a noticeable slice between the leaves.
Great job. :perfect:

Welles

Guru
Very nice job, dug. Let us know when the contest is over and post a link to the results so we can see what other people did, too. Good Luck! :perfect: