What's new

cmyk color

dj-lp

ok here goes

i am quite new to photoshop, i have always used a designer to come up flyer designs for events. They all go for commercial printing. Thing is when i try and design something in cmyk, the colours always go slightly dull, but yet when my designer does the design in cmyk the colours remain bright. i find this most frustrating.

I have attached my designers latest design and as u will see it is bright colours, yet when i do it they are not

Please can someone help me

fluidzdecfrontrgb.jpg

docilebob

Power User
If you want ot use the same colors, make sure he CMYK numers are correct, and it should print fine. Could be a monitor calibration isssue.

ronmatt

Guru
your monitor is rgb..when you output in cmyk, you don't preview accurately. You'd need a cmyk monitor and there ain't no such animal.
Get a color swatch book. Then set the colors with the eyedropper to match the percentages in the book. (Pantone has a few). Your cmyk preview
will look a bit flatter than the actual color that will print. If you're going to do a lot of production for print, I'd suggest a cmyk postscript desktop
printer as well ( Epson ), that can be profiled. NOT SPAM!!!!
You may also want to learn something about printing requirements as well. Little things like D-max, resolution, bleed, the handling of black text,
just to name a few. :perfect:

dj-lp

yeh i understand the colours etc, but if u open that flyer design in your photoshop, its in cmyk. i use the colour dropper to select the say the yellow text, which comes up as ffffoo so then when i make a new layer onto the flyer, i use that selected colour and it comes does what i ask but changes the colour to f0ec4c

please help as when i am getting stuff commerciallin printed on lytho machines the colours are very dull

ronmatt

Guru
I'm really not sure what your problem is, if you follow these instructions, there should be no color matching issues. Let me know if this helps

dorothy

Color match

This is my first time on this - I am having a problem with matching the color on my monitor to the print out. I have been using an Epson inkjet - with no problems at all. I just bought a HP laser printer and I can't do anything to get the right colors. You mentioned following "these" instructions - where are they? It is my page background that is the worst - the actual pictures on the page seem ok. Sure would appreciate your help. I am not very technical.
Thanks,
Dorothy