What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMYK PSD files - files have changed and look dark/negative

TwistedNerve

re: Photoshop 23.5.1

I'm not sure what has happened, but most of the folders in some of my older PSD files have somehow changed. The colors look dark/reversed in some way. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
It would help forum members help you if you attached an image example and better yet a link to one of the PSD files via a file sharing site eg Dropbox etc.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @TwistedNerve
Not obvious what is going on since the change of colors are not consistent over the entire image.
Are you by chance using embedded Smart Objects that are in RGB space while your main document is in CMYK?
It seems that some elements are not converting correctly if that is the case.
Another Forum member may have seen this issue before and can give you a quicker answer. For me, I would need to see the PSD file for me to further debug.
Very interesting and tough problem.
John Wheeler

JeffK

Guru
Can you please show a screenshot of your layers? Or better yet, post your PSD file....