What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color Correcting Animated Gifs

adillus

Hey Gurus,

I'm building a website for a client by creating and slicing up pages in Photoshop CS3. Having a few moving elements using animated gifs. The problem I'm having is with the gifs being a noticeably different tone than the rest of the image, whether saved as jpg or gif.

Anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks!

Adam

adillus

Hey dv8_fx,
Thanks for getting back to me. Here's link to the site I'm working on. adamsdoyle.com/fearless1/contact.html
You can see the animation of the plane in the top right corner. I've tried varying the color settings from 128 to 256. Do you think any of the other settings, like Selective vs. Adaptive or Interlaced would help?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Try setting the gif to maximum number of colors (256) and experiment with the color reduction algorithm setting. But I think its in your number of colors setting......