What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

color correction on uncalibrated or bad color monitor

jainender kumar

hi,

Please tell me how to do color correct the images after equalizing the darkest and lightest point of image on uncalibrated monitor or bad color monitor.

Thanks

The only correct answer is that you cannot. How can you measure a waight when you have no reference?

Best thing is to calibrate the monitor as good as possible. This isn't that hard to do. But you do need True Colors (millions of colors).

There are three important items: the darkest value must be black, the lightest must be pure white, and then the way the intermediate values behave, aka the gamma must be set.
When you go to the main section of this site, there is an item 'calibrate your monitor". It leads you to a website with lots of tools to use.

Yet: if the minitor does not display correctly the Red, Green and Blue, I suppose you will have to use the Adobe Gamma Utility.

What kind of comp do you use? And what software? And what monitor? Perhaps we can tell more when we know a bit more.

Welcome to the board jainender :perfect:

I agree with Erik; make sure that you calibrate your monitor, because otherwise everything else is nothing but a big guess ;)

Welcome to PSG jainender kumar! :)

And yes, Erik know of what he speaks! ;)

Hey gaus, im finally not the "only" one that spells things wrong [honesty] Erik, is waight actually a word, or am I nisunderstanding you? [stuned] :D :rofl:

Alistair said:
Erik, is waight actually a word, or am I nisunderstanding you?
...says our firend Alistair who can only write/talk in one language, even with 10 A's on his report card... :rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

indeed, it should have been weight.

Hey Alistair, how do you pronounce GHOTI ??

huh??? :B

I'll tell you:

GH like in enouGH
O like in wOmen
TI like in staTIon

what does that spell?
FISH

this language is simply not made for writing!
8}

What do you mean I can only speak one language gaus?!

Qu? usted significa gaussian? S? definately hablar en m?s de una lengua... Primero est? esto, espa?ol.
Est alors ce. Fran?ais, la langue de "fredom"!
und deutsch, ist mein Vati von Wien
e di italiano di massima!
e portugu?s dum raio do amor de I!
So can you beat five languages, huh? :D ;) A+++ btw :rofl: :rofl: :p :D
Erik :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Alistair!

Nobody is arguing your ability to speak more than one language Alistair! ;) As Erik has pointed out, the written language differs greatly from the oral one... ;)

I truly admire and applaud anyone who can speak more than one language... so my congrats go out to you! :} :} :}

[confused] Of that A+++, where does your "English" mark fall? [:I :p

[confused] And I'm wondering why they don't teach spelling in school these days???

You're really convinced I know six languages? [stuned] We dont have english, we have language arts, and all we do is very little grammar :D :D :D You are really convinced I can speak six languages, huh??? Sry. I made you think I was someone im not wendy!!! :rofl: :rofl: : http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

[honesty]

You are to nice though :\ You know what? I could make someone think im like bll gate's son and like act like I know 10 languages and can also write them, and I own psg handbook or something [excited] :D :D :D I could fix my hair up like marks after 2 years... or I could use photoshop to put his hair onto my head :D [excited] :p :p :p

I'd never do such a thing [innocent] [innocent] [innocent] :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now im just cracking myself up [stuned] [saywhat]

wbiss said:
Of that A+++, where does your "English" mark fall?
I was just going to ask that :rofl:

If you ask me... his was report card was manipulated in Photoshop and I believe that now even more! :D

Alistair! You're really convinced I know six languages?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I really convinced you that you convinced me Alistair? [confused] :p ;)

What I am convinced of Alistair, is that there are some great language translation sites out there! :D

Gaussian: If you ask me... his was report card was manipulated in Photoshop and I believe that now even more!
:perfect:

I'll tell you:

GH like in enouGH
O like in wOmen
TI like in staTIon

what does that spell?
FISH

this language is simply not made for writing!

Well stated. I read this in a linguistics book once...it makes a very keen statement. And by the way, when people help as much as Erik does, maybe its not the best thing to point out his picayune spelling errors.
}P }P [honesty] :perfect:

Back