What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colors above original picture (50%fill)

JallaBalla [EO]

I have seen many pictures with that have a 50% fill layer above the original layer with a color on the fill. (green ie.)

Ex:
A familiy picture with a green layer above with fill 50%. This will make the family picture more green.

However..my problem is that i want my family picture to become green as well...i dont want to keep all the colors in the family picture. The layer above with the green color

Its hard to explain, but hopefully someone understood it and am able to help me out.. ;)

I tried to first make it grayscaled but then my green color became white..

Hi, and welcome to the boards, JallaBalla!

I'm a bit confused by your question....do you want an overall green tint to an image? Or do you want just some things green and not others?

Why don't you go to image/adjustments/hue&saturation, select colorize and play with the sliders?

Here is what i mean...

intro1.gif

This image (the soldiers) have plenty of colors but the creator has made it all blue/greyish.... this is what I mean.

Thx m8s!

Just like gaussian said. Go to image/adjustments/hue&saturation and add then colorize it. this will make the image a unified colour, which will be the effect you are after. Play around with the slides and see what you come up with.

Sanby

I try but i never seem to remove alle the colors and make them greenish.
Plz try to help me guys on this pix:

test_.jpg

I want it to become green :D

I have done just what the guys have suggested to you....... but perhaps it is because you haven't clicked the colourise button? that you images didn't turn out green.......... like this..........
sfm

YUPP! Thats it, forgot the Colorize button! Thx for helping folks!

You're welcome ;)

There are many ways to do it.
Other options; convert to greyscale and then go to image/mode/duotone... or convert the image to greyscale using image/adjustments/channel mixer... , selecting monochrome and playing with the sliders and then adding a layer filled with green and playing with opacity and blending modes.

hey not to worry......... we all forget to click or tick something some time :perfect: :D [shhh] ;\
sfm

Back