What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colour changing

ivansmagic

Hi all,

This is my first post on here and may be a bit cheeky but I am looking for some help. I will introduce myself in the correct forum soon

I have an image that in need changed. I need the blue hand changed to pink and the background changed to white.

I have a sublimation business and a customer has asked me to do this so I can print it on a mug but really dont know where to start. I can do bits and bobs with photoshop but not this.

Can someone tell me if its possible, or even better, do it for me ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 7

Rich54

Guru
Something like this? The darker parts of the hand print seem more red than pink, but if I make that area more pink, then the lighter parts in the fingers become too washed out.

hand.jpg

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 3

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Ivansmagic
There are no doubt many ways to do this. Here is my approach

I used the magic wand tool and selected the background and fill with white, then

Next Layer up is a solid color Layer with Blend mode set to Color. I set the color to hot pink in sRGB color space as R=255, G=105, B= 180
The top layer is set as a Hue/Sat adjustment Layer to fine tune the colors as desired. I have it set to the default condition of no adjustment.

The color blend mode will keep the Hue and Saturation of the solid Layer and use the Luminosity of the lower layer.

Hope this gives you another angle to consider.

John

Change Color to pink.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I used a channel selection process.

PinkHand_01.png