What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colour code for background colour

folz83

Hello,

I will like to find out the colour code for the background colour on a particular web address. Unfortunately I am new here so not allowed to post links so will say this as creatively as possible. the address is theregentlagos (with the usual prefix beginning with w and suffix beginning with c for all websites). I am referring to the colour where the menu items like logo, home, brands etc are on. How can I achieve this? Desperately need help and any assistance will be appreciated.

If you are using Firefox as a browser, just look for add-ins like, "Rainbow" and "ColorZilla". If you don't like these, there are a bunch of others that also read out colors in RGB, Hex, HSB, etc. just by hovering your mouse above the area. Most give you the option to copy the numbers or the hex code to the clipboard.

HTH,

Tom

PS - May I ask why you want to copy colors from a big hotel chain's website instead of making up your own color scheme?

Back