What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colours of Marlborough

Trevor Dennis

I'm putting this up as much to test the board - which has been clunky, to say the least for me. Our camera club is hosting the PSNZ (Photographic Society of New Zealand) National Convention, and this is the promo for it. Most of the pictures and all the video is mine, and I did all the editing, graphics and animation. It's heavy on Photoshop, because that's what I know best, but the editing was done with Premiere Pro, and the animated logo and sunrise behind the title done with After Effects. (I find Photoshop 3D a bit trick to get right, but by heck, After Effects does it sooooo much better). OK fingers crossed this is going to work

Incidentally, it was originally cut to Aaron Copland's 'Fanfare for the Common Man' but between the license and orchestra fees, it would have cost us $1600 to keep it on Youtube for one year! The music in this version cost $20 from www.pond5.com A bit of a result methinks. ;)

From a video layperson's POV, very cool. So nicely done. Maybe a little long, but I think that depends on the target audience.

Regardless of the cost, great choice of music.

I love the use of the camera film for titles/tags. I like the exploding camera. And the ending video and sound reminds me of outtakes in films.

Congratulations :mrgreen:

Back