What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Combined Images Looks Choppy

HaX420

Ok so i combined some images together to make one image. When i save it the image looks choppy. Id like to have it smooth. What am i doing wrong. Thanks

I tried to combine these:

apply-32.png

Smooth:

Circle-grey-48.png

Choppy:

on.gif

Last edited:
Some times effects dont do well after merging layers It looks to me like it may be something with the dropshadow on the button. Try removing the dropshadow, combine the layers, then add the shadow afterwards. If that doesn't work then remove the drop shadow, duplicate the button, select the bottom button by holding cntr and click the layer in the layers pallette, then fill with black, move it to desired location (for the shadow effect) and set the opacity to where you like it. If the shadow is too harsh you can apply some Gaussian blur to take the edge off

Maybe that will help.

try anti aliasing or save both as .png .gif always poorer quality

Looks like you selected circle (or white area) by magic wand or something like that and copied it under green thing.
Instead that try to cut smoothly green thing and copy it above circle.

Thank you to everyone who helped. I never knew that saving it as a .gif would make it look so horrible. All I needed to do was save as .png and everything came out perfect.

Back