What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comedy Central Logo

ASC

Hey guys,

This may be very simple but I can't get my head around it. How to create the comedy central logo, I know it's just two C's but when I try it in photoshop I can't keep the width of both the C's the same. For example I'll create the outter C then when I put the inner (smaller) C in by change font size the width of it adjusts to the font size...

How can I get them both to be the same width like this:

comedy-central.png

Thanks in advance!

If you experiment with the shape building tools, you can achieve that quite easily. It's a case of drawing the circles, & using the different options to remove the centre, & the section of the loop. You will be left with the C shown above. The smaller one is exactly the same. Don't just reduce the size of the large one, use the same procedure. That way you can set the width of the C.

Exactly as SPWA says...........

You use your Shape tools to build this logo and not just type/font.

I set up guide lines in the center of my canvas. I then used my Ellipse tool to create a circle dead center by holding the Shift + Option keys.

I set my Path operations to Subtract front shape, and then created the inside circle using the same centering method I mentioned above.

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 9.24.53 AM.png

With a few more guide lines, I used the Pen tool to remove the section from the circle.

CCLogo_01.png

I then reversed the image by going to EDIT > TRANSFORM PATH > FLIP HORIZONTAL

CCLogo_02.png

I then created the inner C using the same technique I explained above.

CCLogo_03.png

Wow, thank you guys for the fast response and a great video tutorial :D

Back