What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting colored icons to monochrome

Abbeypan

Hello, Experts,

I work for a software company and I am looking for a way to convert hundreds of colored icons like the following:

AddConfiguration_32.png

To one-color monochrome icons like this:

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 9.06.47 AM.png

There are hundreds and hundreds of icons in our system so to completely redraw them is not an option at this time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

hawkeye

Guru
Use Threshold to turn them into black and white, then a Selective Color adjustment layer targeting the black and white colors. This could be done with an action.

Attachments

• AddConfiguration_32.jpg
    AddConfiguration_32.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 18

Abbeypan

Thank you. I think this will work, but one more question. I actually need the "blue" parts to be "white" and the "white" parts to be transparent.

Thoughts on how to do that? I don't think the color adjustment layer will do the trick.

hawkeye

Guru
Use Threshold to make it black and white then use Select Color Range to select the black and delete the selection. That will leave you with white and transparent.