What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Could you give me some advices about how to improve this image?

Antonella Patetta

First time I use 3d studio max and Mental Ray, so I have obtained a very bad quality render. Anyway, since the beginning, I didn't want to obtain a photorealistic picture, but only a nice one. I attach the render and the modified immage. I'll be glad and thankful if you can help me with some advice :)

Attachments

• modificata.JPG
    modificata.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 3
  • partenza.JPG
    partenza.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 3

Paul

Former Member
One thing i find weird is the fact you have street lighting on while the sky is full of bright sunshine?
Also think about just where the source light is coming from and how any shadows would interact with that.

Antonella Patetta

Cattura forum.JPGYes, maybe! There's light in the sky, it's right but since the sun it's on the horizon line I thought about the sunset. Then concerning the shadow I think the direction is correct, isn't it? Yes but of course there's something wrong, I make some tries with a different sky, thank you :)
What do you think about this? Do you find it better or worst? (smaller street lamps also, the scale I realized was totally wrong)

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
The shadow sides to the buildings really needs to be darker in my opinion,lights are looking to scale but the sky is not to a scale.