What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple more samples

allenrm

Here are a couple more images that I am rather happy with. First is an old looking map. This actually is a symbolic image as I am hoping this is a career change for me. If all goes well, I'll be starting a course in Cartography in the fall. So the elements are all inspired by the hopeful change, and the oversize siggy/logo is that it is ME that is changing.

oldworldmap.jpg

The second is just a simple attempt at blending renders together to make a pleasing image. It is nothing more than that, except I think it does look rather cool.

test2.jpg

There both good images, i agree that the second is a rather tidy looking render.

The first one looks good, like you are going on a adventure with a ancient treasure map :p.. The second one is rather in depth and just fun to look at :).. Good work bud... Keep it up!

I like the background texture on the map. I think it would look a bit nicer if there was a bit more of the land texture showing through the white lines crisscrossing the land masses. I also thought the gradient at the bottom, where it goes really dark, was a bit too dark. The greenland part looks good, though.

The second image looks really good. What is "blending renders"?

I like the background texture on the map. I think it would look a bit nicer if there was a bit more of the land texture showing through the white lines crisscrossing the land masses. I also thought the gradient at the bottom, where it goes really dark, was a bit too dark. The greenland part looks good, though.

The second image looks really good. What is "blending renders"?

That means combining 2 or more images into 1 seamless image. Here look at this..... Blending Renders Tutorial | Photoshop Basics

Or this.... http://www.gamexe.net/photoshop/render-blending/

Back