What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create Shortcut to "Save As" a Specific File Format?

Casperrr

HI

Trying to streamline some work flow issues and would love to be able to "Save As" without having to navigate through file formats , say, .png - every time.

Is there a way to open the file browser in PS to a specific file format each time?

That would be great.

Thanks

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
You can create an action to save any file format into a png to specific folder.

But I couldn't find a way to create an action to open a specific file type from a specific folder. I can create an open action but it will always open the same file by which I created the open action.

Even if I deleted the file from the specific folder, the action will merely open the folder.... you still have to end up browsing.

One out of two..... let's see if someone else has a way....

Last edited:

Paul MR

The Script Master
You could use a script, and create a shortcut to the script.
IE:
Code:
#target Photoshop
main();
function main(){
if(!documents.length) return;
File.saveDialog('Save as PNG file','PNG:*.png');
}

SeniorS

Guru
Just record action with that save as with type you need. Then press Stop recording and then click on Toggle dialog on/off...so it is on. Thats it.

About second one i don't know.