What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Creating an Action in illustrator

hauss

Hello All,
I'm trying to create an illustrator action that isn't functioning properly on playback. I'm using Illustrator CS5 on a Macbook. In setting up for print production of CD's and DVD's, on what's called an OMAP; I have to copy, paste and then place the image at a specific point on the artboard. Then I repeat 143 times. I'd like to create an action that pastes and moves each of the 144 disc images to the precise x and y coordinates given. I've tried creating this action through the steps outlined below, but the result of the playback is never consistent and the images end up off the artboard in some cases. Any tips or answers are welcome.

1. Copy disc image from an existing illustrator file.
2. In the action panel of my OMAP template document I create a new action, give it a name and click Record.
3. I hit command>V to paste.
4. In the transform panel I put in the x and y coordinates
(Then repeat)

hauss

Update: I was able to create the action in Illustrator CS4 and playback works perfect. However, my client uses Illustrator CS 5 on a PC (as I use most of the time); and, the action will not play back properly in CS 5. I've updated both mine and their software to the latest version of CS 5 (illustrator 15.0.2 i believe) and this action still will not function right. I've tried re-creating the action in CS 5 with no success on playback.