What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Custom Arrows

Bob Normand

How to make a straight arrow with an arrowhead? Despite what the online helpers say it is not easy.

We need much more information please!

Just trying to use Photoshop which I find complex. After 2 hours I finally found the line tool hiding under the custom shape tool. Now I'm trying to find out how to change the shape, color and size attributes of the arrow that was generated.

Now I'm trying to find out how to change the shape, color and size attributes of the arrow that was generated.
All the arrows "attributes" can be changed in the Tools Option bar....
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.49.57 PM.png

You can change the size in several ways, the easiest being Free Transform or Cmd/Cntrl + T

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.53.26 PM.png
Bigger.
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.53.37 PM.png

You can also use the Tools Option bar to change the size...
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.57.24 PM.png

You can change the shape using the Direct Selection Tool or the Pen Tool
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.55.07 PM.png

Just trying to use Photoshop which I find complex. After 2 hours I finally found the line tool hiding under the custom shape tool. Now I'm trying to find out how to change the shape, color and size attributes of the arrow that was generated.
All the arrows "attributes" can be changed in the Tools Option bar....
View attachment 131841

You can change the size in several ways, the easiest being Free Transform or Cmd/Cntrl + T

View attachment 131842
Bigger.
View attachment 131843

You can also use the Tools Option bar to change the size...
View attachment 131845

You can change the shape using the Direct Selection Tool or the Pen Tool
View attachment 131844
Thanks for the tip.

Back