What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative Cloud

Hey all quick question I'm hope to get some resolve to. Anyone in here familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud? I recently switched over for CS6. My problem is after downloading it to both my macbook and iMac it doesn't appear to be the same account when I log in. My iMac says I'm on a 30 day trail even though I'm logged in. Shouldn't the creative cloud and your settings transfer between the devices? I know this isn't an adobe forum, but this is for my photoshop. I'm just looking for some quick help if it's out there.

Thanks -Robert

Hey all quick question I'm hope to get some resolve to. Anyone in here familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud? I recently switched over for CS6. My problem is after downloading it to both my macbook and iMac it doesn't appear to be the same account when I log in. My iMac says I'm on a 30 day trail even though I'm logged in. Shouldn't the creative cloud and your settings transfer between the devices? I know this isn't an adobe forum, but this is for my photoshop. I'm just looking for some quick help if it's out there.

Thanks -Robert
I have CC but am on Windows. Perhaps this link will help you for your Macs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/desktop-sync-getting-started.html

With the latest Update it is more based upon working between different machines and ability to even use things between programs, This is where the new library panel comes in, you can save things to the library which syncs with the cloud so when you sign in on another computer or use a different adobe application then that library becomes available to you within the applications library panel. Very useful with fonts and colour swatches etc.

Thanks Larry. Are you able to go between machines with the account? Carry over presets, brushes, etc.?

I am only running one machine, I do know that you have to sync this stuff in Photoshop within the device but I don't know how it works between different devices. I would think though that your brushes and presets being stored on your hard drive and not on the Cloud would not work that way.

Thanks, I'll try to figure this out. I appreciate the tips. Let me check out this library syncing stuff. Do I need to do anything special?

The bonus features of the libraries are if you have the apps on your phone or ipad then you can draw things on your ipad and sync straight to your library where you can sync to photoshop or illustrator. Has some other gimmick featureas as well like taking photos on your mobile device and creating colour pallets from that image or even turning them into vector shapes and patterns. Here is some getting started videos

Back