What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cross hair instead of brush size

cjogo

MAC 9.0 with 7.0 PS

,,,,,,, when using the clone tool selecting any size large than 50 for a brush --the selection gives us a cross-hair instead of a actual size circle?? Sure it is something simple.........

thanks cjogo

http://fp2k.redshift.com/cjogo/c__joseph_gough.htm

Zoom out/in and make your work area a bit bigger.

That cross-hair appears because your tool size doesn't fit in your work area because your image is too big or too small?

bonefill---that was my first thought

but even on a full screen--anything past 40-50 ,on selected size, goes to cross hairs

thanks <p> will continue to push every possible button

may be the caps-lock key but then all the brushes might appear like a cross-hair ... hhmmmmmm ... I'm not using OS 9 anymore but I can install it and try someting to reproduce your problem?

Yep, Caps Lock is normally the problem here. This is a "feature" not a bug, because there are times when you want the cross hair curser. Could there be a better key for this? Sure. Write Adobe :)

Don't give them ideas, Julie: Adobe changes the shortcuts with every version, and that's really a nuisance. [confused]

That was our standard procedure..but did not work,,,althoibut the problem only occured on images that we had scanned commercially..and on a CD ..So we gave up,,,no problem...

Back