What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation CS3 Automate Batch Feature Missing

khulen

In converting to CS3 I seemed to have lost the ability to automate batch my images and have them saved in the "same as source" folder. I have about 1000 images I need to copyright and create thumbnails for. The problem is these images are located in about 100 subfolders and the batch program only saves the files to a single "Destination" folder.

I know I had this working in an old version of Photoshop. There's no way I'm going to batch all those images and then manually put them back into their original source folders.

Any ideas??

thanks

Workaround: Use MAC OSX automator actions

Well I guess the ole' MAC OSX actions will come to the rescue again. I don't know why I even bother working on PC's anymore.
So here's a short explanation of the workaround.

1) I duplicated my folder of images (the one with 100 subfolders, etc) twice and renamed to "folderofimages_thumb" and "folderofimages_copyright"

2) I put both folders onto my mac server.

3a) Used automator to create thumbnails of the images in "folderofimages_thumb"
3b) Used automator to add copyright to images in "folderofimages_copyright"

****In both cases the images are overwritten with the specified changes i.e., thumb or copyright

Steps 4 + 5 repeated for "folderofimages_thumb" and "folderofimages_copyright"

4) Change name of "folderofimages_copyright" to "folderofimages"

5) Use Dreamweaver FTP program to put images in "folderofimages" residing on mac server into "folderofimages" on PC that contains the original

Now I have one folder on my PC called "folderofimages" that contains the original image, the thumbnail, and the copyrighted version

Of course, if I had Photoshop on the MAC I wouldn't have to do all this, I could just use automator to run the photoshop actions.

Back