What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS4 Patchtool - Error

Thorr

I am selecting an area with the patch tool, when I try to move the pattern off the current location I get the error "Could not use the patch tool because the selected area is empty". Anyone see this before?

Most of the time, it's because you are working in the wrong layer.
Make sure you have the right layer selected when using the patch tool.

Thank you. The tutorial I was watching said to create a new layer and work there. However, using your advice, when I go back to the original image it allows me to move the patch but not fill in the cut away part with the right "filler", if that makes sense. Anyway, I think I am close. Appreciate your help

Hmmm, still not working. When I select the patch I am supposed to click and drag it off the original spot but when I let go it just goes back to the way it was with the area selected. I am using windows 7 not sure if that matters

shouldnt matter

ok, are you sure you're using the right tool?
right click the icon and then select the tool

what you can also do is:
when you have the tool selected
create a new layer
and then at the top, check: sample all layers

Back