What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Cut out rectangular shape from scene

bienchen

Hi there,

I'm rather new to AI and trying to produce the pictures for my thesis with it...

at the moment, I'm stuck with a molecule, where I have to put some atoms in (letters). I already constructed all atomic bonds by lines. To place the atoms in the rings, I need to tare the corners of the rings apart to make space for them. Isn't there a way to just chop a box out of the corner to have space for placing the letter?

greetings,

bienchen

Yeah i agree, label from above any size shape you desire.

I tried a nice white rectangle on top, but MacOS X Preview then presents it translucent... Its a little bit 'see-through'.

greetings,

bienchen

Check the opacity of that layer, it should be 100 or you get what's shown in this screenshot:

Attachments

• ai.jpg
    ai.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 15
Thanks!

I tried it again with a simple white box overlay and this time it worked... I had an eye on the opacity switch, now.

No more shadow of the line in preview.

greetings,

bienchen

Back