What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manipulation Dark Night

Steffen

Hi, I've started to make photo manipulations on photoshop and i would share it, this is my latested work.
I'd love to get critique and ideas for making it better. Thank you for looking :)

Dark night - Stocks.jpg

Attachments

• Dark night - Stocks.jpg
    Dark night - Stocks.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Hi, nice, but i think its a tricky image if you starting. The mayor problem is the multiples light sources, the shadow in my opinion need some work.
I made fast test, but as i said it would required a lot of lightning direction study to do it right. A hard one....

Dark night - Stocksff.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi, nice, but i think its a tricky image if you starting. The mayor problem is the multiples light sources, the shadow in my opinion need some work.
I made fast test, but as i said it would required a lot of lightning direction study to do it right. A hard one....

View attachment 82797

Cheers!
Thank you for the reply, and I will definitely start working on my shadows. But is there anything special you would recommend doing to learn about light direction or where I could learn about it?

I learn it looking at pictures basically, its hard for me explain in detail this kind of things in english, but if you look at the lame example i made yo can see clearly how the shadow on the streetlights cant be in that direction for example.

Dark night - Stocksox.jpg

But of course its really hard to do it 100% right, it depend on other factors aswell, like the differnt intensity on the multiple lights, distance etc.
For example the light in the streetlight its strong enough to made a shadow under the bank? or the light coming from the sky is strong enough to erase that shadow? Hope is understandable XD.

I learn it looking at pictures basically, its hard for me explain in detail this kind of things in english, but if you look at the lame example i made yo can see clearly how the shadow on the streetlights cant be in that direction for example.

View attachment 82798

But of course its really hard to do it 100% right, it depend on other factors aswell, like the differnt intensity on the multiple lights, distance etc.
For example the light in the streetlight its strong enough to made a shadow under the bank? or the light coming from the sky is strong enough to erase that shadow? Hope is understandable XD.

Thanks, yes i do understand and its actually really helpfull, ill try and make an edit of it where ive changed the shaodows. Thank you for the help :D

Back