What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Distorting shapes

Trying to transform a shape so that the right hand side of the image elevates at a particular angle and the bottom of the image goes down at a certain angle. Tried doing this by selecting the anchor points and specifying the the position of the pixels, but this is complicated due to the amount of anchor points. Basically want to do what you can with free distort but in a more specific way. Please see attached files of where I am so far and what I am trying to achieve. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• trying to achieve.jpg
    trying to achieve.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 18
  • working document.ai
    142.6 KB · Views: 3
Without sounding un-grateful, did you use free transform for this? Was trying to work out how to transform it more accurately using precise angles.

select the 2nd arrow down on the toolbar should be white click away from your art work so nothing is selected and then go back and click on 1 of the letters and it should just select that letter. Then use the black arrow and select 1 of the middle anchor points or the 1s that are white not the solid cyan colour and resize the letter by dragging 1. THen go to effect > distort and transform > free transform job done however it is fiddly maybe an easier way.

if you go to effect distort and Transform > transform you can have a preview box for height and width still looking though to see if there is an easier way I have never used illustrator before so we are learning together. Where is Seniors when you need him.

This is now the winning method as I have spent too much time on this now. The only other way that I found was to select the individual anchor points, but that involved far too many calculations to work out the exact co-ordinates of each anchor point at which point I thought screw this.
Again thank you very much for the help, I too am very new to Illustrator so any help is much appreciated.

Back