What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Does anyone know how to add a certain brush color only to the text in illustrator?

tokyorain27

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to add a brush color just so it only fills up the text, just like using layers like multiply in photoshop. But I want to do it in illustrator. I have a brush with a good texture, that I want only the text to receive, nothing else.

Re: Does anyone know how to add a certain brush color only to the text in illustrator

If the text is on its own layer.... rasterize the text layer , then either Alt + click the text layer icon to select the text or lock the layer by clicking the lock transparent pixel icon on the layers pallete - you can still edit the text but will not affect anything outside the text.

If the text is merged with the image, you'll have to isolate the text on its own layer or select it using any of the selection tools....

hope this helps.

Back