What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone remember what this Photoshop effect is called?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't remember what this effect is called. Anyone remember?

Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 11.13.05 PM.png

NegStencil3D_02.png

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don't remember what this effect is called. Anyone remember?

View attachment 55481

View attachment 55482

I'm not sure if there's a term for the first image.....

The second one is like the Timberlake effect thread we were talking about earlier. I can't recall what is. Tho I may term it as using color channel to create a shadow/mirror effect?

Tom Mann

Guru
A lot of people call the 2nd effect an "anagram", but this isn't quite correct, as I think that term is reserved for images meant to simulate a 3D effect using two-color glasses. Be that as it may, I think it may be the term most people use for it.

Personally, I would call the 1st effect, "The Catholic Confessional". :rofl: No disrespect intended -- but if you have ever seen one in a movie, that's the view the priest is supposed to see, LOL.

T

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the input guys.

About the second text image.
I'm familiar with anaglyphs but I was thinking that they were more in line with 3D glasses and mostly created on images containing people.
This image supports the 3D effect without the glasses.

The contrasting red coloration causes a hovering effect which in turn generates a faux 3D effect. I thought there was a term for this but I may be mistaken.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks for the input guys.

About the second text image.
I'm familiar with anaglyphs but I was thinking that they were more in line with 3D glasses and mostly created on images containing people.
This image supports the 3D effect without the glasses.

The contrasting red coloration causes a hovering effect which in turn generates a faux 3D effect. I thought there was a term for this but I may be mistaken.

HOBOY must be age setting in....

ANAGLYPHS .... That the correct term for it.....

Or STEREOSCOPIC Effect

You knew it all the while Sam ......

Tom Mann

Guru
You are all being much too nice ... Reading back over this thread I see that I initially remembered it as "anagram", not "anaglyph". Arghhh!

Note to self: Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth or fingers in gear. :rofl:

T

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
You are all being much too nice ... Reading back over this thread I see that I initially remembered it as "anagram", not "anaglyph". Arghhh!

Note to self: Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth or fingers in gear. :rofl:

T

And to think I was asking you about it the other day.....

That's what you get for playing too much with words..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tom Mann

Guru
And to think I was asking you about it the other day.....
That's what you get for playing too much with words..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:
What did you ask me about? In fact, who are you? Do I know you? ... And by the way, I don't just play with words, I scramble them for breakfast! ;-)

--------------

And, for those of you who might not remember this scene of a candle-lit Catholic confessional (which prompted my original comment), I'm pretty sure I found a copy of it:
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/de...sh/57/3d/573d6ea8296c050ce011c8e3f31df008.jpg

...but I still can't remember the movie it came from.

T

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This one, to me is more holographic or maybe sterographic?

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 4.04.39 PM.png

This is a true sterograph....
d50f9a67f9e9f8312db0737488c33bea.jpg