What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this graffiti look real?

ricardoga

Ricardo test warp 3-1.jpgHello
I'm wondering if this looks real please tell me what you think and what I can fix on it.

Thanks

Looks like a good job to me...:cheesygrin:

Slightly too nice, maybe roughen some lines up a little but good job done mate.

Here is one with a bit more color Lol this thing is due thursday so I have till then to fix things :)Ricardo merge layers done.jpg

No, it's too saturated.
Make a white/black version of your image, apply a gaussian blur till you get soft edges, than save that file as a .PSD file named displace.
Be sure not to include your graffiti layer in this file.
In your PSD where you have your graffiti layer, choose the graffiti, go to Filter, Distort, Displace, and choose your PSD file you previously made. Play with the settings to get the best version.

First one (faded) looked better. Displacement map is the way to go to make it look "really" real.

Agent

Never seen a graffiti artist choose a wall like that to do art on, when it is next to a flat wall. Not really the kind of art I've seen on a wall anywhere, not to mention the height issue!
View attachment 11275

Last edited:
The first image looks real, the one with more colour doesn't look as good..

Just my opinion, but I would go with the first image :)

1st image definitely looks more real, the 2nd is too coloured and should be faded more. Try to make it look more dirtier or something

Ok in terms of the 2 images, the 1st one is definitely more 'Real'

In terms of naturalism; I'm hinting towards agreeing with Spruce, Graffiti artists wouldn't graffiti on a wall like that, unless they just scribbled some feeble, unartistic words like: "Fugly" (not that they would use that word mind you). :D

Anyway, if this is for an art project, I think the first one will do, did a pretty good job of it, maybe yes make it look more grungy (if not the graffiti, then the wall, it could do with a mud-fight, looks a little pressure washed to me, but that's personal preference).

Alternatively, (Beware, longer process), open the image without the graffiti and clone-stamp, or spot heal the wall into a flat surface, dirty it up and then add the graffiti like in the first image, that's really all I can imagine you need to do to make it REAL before you go straight to real², in which case....you'd have landed yourself in a whole different dimension.

So good job, first image is a go! With minor improvements, it's as perfect as they get.

Back